Tuesday, June 2, 2009

FW: Persimmon @ Pisang Kaki

This is a persimmon or 'pisang kaki' as we call it in Malay. It is now priced at $5.99/kg. It can be cheaper sometimes, depending on the seasons I supposed. The bright yellow colour of the skin always catch my eyesight.

As far as I can remember, the first time I had this fruit was in Medan. At that time I was about 5 - 6 y.o. There's a picture of me eating it in the middle of the market. Why do we call it 'pisang kaki' is always a wonder. i've seen the tree, not even close to a banana tree at all.

The colour of the flesh varies from pale yellow to red. Some people like to eat it when it's still crunchy, but I prefer to wait until it becomes soft, but not gooey. I think it taste sweeter that way. Just wrap them in a plastic and keep them at room temperature will expedite the process of ripening.

During this winter time, most of the fruits have been priced a little bit higher. So does the vegetables. However, don't make this as an excuse not to eat fruits and vegies. There's a lot of varieties to choose from. Make them as a compulsory diet every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment